Every parent in this world hopes to raise his/her child to the best of his/her ability and see them achieve certain goals in life. Unfortunately, certain developmental disorders such as autism, can greatly effect the aspirations of many families and at times inhibit them from doing their best for their kids.
WHAT IS AUTISM?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurological and developmental disorder that begins early in childhood and lasts throughout a person’s life. It affects how a person acts and interacts with others, communicates, and learns. – MEDLINEPLUS, US
The Hush Hush Diary is very proud to inform you that in our city too there are certain individuals and institutions who have selflessly devoted their existence to the very cause of providing equivalent education and platforms to special children as their peers. We applaud and introduce you to Neha Bhasin, mother of an autistic child, and the visionary behind the school for Autistic children in Ludhiana – Ram Lal Bhasin Public School.
Before sharing her invitation, here are a few questions we would like you to consider first…
- Are you a parent of a child diagnosed with autism?
- Do you know someone with an autistic child in the family?
- Do you wish to be a more aware and informed individual in life?
- Are you looking for an avenue to be a socially responsible individual?
If your answer to any of the above questions is YES, you would be glad to attend the following workshop as an effort to sensitize our society about such developmental disorders in kids and inform them on how they can be of help.
WHAT’S MORE TO THIS WORKSHOP?
1. Learn more about Autism and recognise early signs of this disorder in kids.
2. Be a more informed individual and offer help if one comes across of such cases amongst near and dear ones.
3. Visit and learn more about this special school for kids with autism in our city and inform others about the same who might be unaware of it.
4. Come forward to sponsor a child or contribute in other ways such as to a teacher’s salary or through gifts such as coolers, fans etc. and help the school develop its infrastructure further. (Contact details below)
The workshop will be conducted by Mrs. Rashmi Dutta :
- A professional working with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) children and families, and
- a trained RDI (Relationship Development Intervention) consultant.
We humbly encourage each one of you attend this workshop and support this initiative by Neha to raise awareness. Also, we request you to repost this article on your social media handles and whats app groups and help us reach out to maximum people.
Wishing all of you a healthy and hearty life!
RDI – The RDI program works towards helping parents to recognize deficits in their child and how they can modify their daily life and routine activities to create a learning environment for their child. The RDI approach focuses on achieving emotional, social and cognitive milestones.