What’s a trip if there are no fun and games to go with it! Below are some really enjoyable games to play on your next road trip that are going to make you roll on the floor with laughter!
1. NEVER HAVE I EVER…
- This is usually a drinking game, but since safety and not getting arrested comes first, leave the alcohol until you arrive at your destination.
- Instead, play the game as you usually would, but with water, juice, soda, or whatever your drink of choice is. First one to have to use the bathroom, loses!
- One person starts by saying “Fortunately” and mentioning something fortunate.
- The next person has to follow by saying something unfortunate about the previous situation.
- Fortunately, I took my husbands credit card for shopping.
- Unfortunately, you are my wife!
- Fortunately, my teeth are white.
- Unfortunately, you are colour blind!
- If somebody stumbles, they get a strike. Three strikes, and you’re out. Last person standing wins!
3. WORD ASSOCIATIONS
- One person begins with a word.
- The following person has to think of a word that is associated.
- Priyanka Chopra…
- The game continues until somebody messes up or says something far-out.
4. THE MOVIE GAME
- The game starts with an actor/actress.
- The next person has to say a movie that they were in.
- The following person has to state another actor/actress from that movie.
- Example: Deepika Padukone, Chennai Express, Shahrukh Khan, DDLJ, Kajol etc…
- It continues on…If someone is incorrect, they have to sit out the next round.
5. STORY GAME
- Pick another car on the road, preferably one with a few passengers.
- Don’t be a creeper, but everyone in your car should at least get one good look at everyone.
- Once you’ve seen them, take turns deciding who these people are. Maybe they’re gangsters on the run or undercover cops or a bride running from her wedding!
- Whoever comes up with the most outrageous/accurate/hilarious story, wins!
6. SWEAR JAR
- Decide on a common word that will be off limits for the duration of the car trip.
- It doesn’t have to be a swear word, just a common word that everyone will use at least once during normal conversation e.g. bathroom, cow, phone, etc. to try and trip people up.
- You can use real money, or have the offending passenger write their name on a scrap of paper and put it in the jar.
- The person with the most names in the jar has to buy the car lunch at your destination, fill up the gas tank, or do something else of your choosing.
Have a super fun and safe trip!