In continuation to our previous post on how to fight signs of ageing, today Dr Nidhi Tandon tells us about many clinical procedures that can be used to target skin specific problems too and thus eventually contribute to a younger you! Browse through the list below of the latest treatments available in skin care technology and talk to your Doctor to find out what suits you best!
1. Chemical peels – This is a procedure in which a chemical agent is applied to the skin for regeneration and remodelling along with helping in improvement of texture and surface abnormalities.
The concept of chemical peels is not new. Cleopatra used sour milk, containing lactic acid as beauty bath and French women were famous for using old wine for bath as it contains tartaric acid.
Peels are used for various skin problems like melasma, acne, pigmentation, dark spots, freckles, sun damage and face rejuvenation etc.
2. Microneedling or Dermaroller – This is a procedure done to treat acne scars, open pores, traumatic or surgical scars, stretch marks and for overall facial rejuvenation. It is a handheld device with tiny needles at one end for induction of collagen.
3. Microdermabrasion – This is a simple and safe modality for treating photo damage, superficial acne, scars and for exfoliation of skin. Commonly known as body polishing it uses aluminium oxide crystals at high pressure to remove the outermost layer of the skin and is a painless procedure.
4. Lasers – Lasers like fractional lasers can be used to treat various skin related problems like acne scars, open pores, blemishes, age spots, skin rejuvenation, texture correction and stretch marks. It also induces collagen thereby giving a youthful glow.
5. Photofacials or IPL rejuvenation – This works wonderfully on age spots, sun spots, rosacea, freckles, discolourations and for tone correction. It improves the overall skin appearance and erases the fine lines.
6. Radio frequency (RF) skin tightening – As the name suggests, this technology is used to treat the sagging skin, lines and wrinkles. It uses heat energy to cause new collagen formation and hence skin tightening.
7. HIFU (High intensity focussed ultrasound) – This is the most recent addition to skin tightening technology. The intense ultrasound field vibrates tissues and causes skin tightening.
8. Botulinum toxin –
• Purified Protein obtained from Bacteria
• It is given by tiny injections
• It relaxes the overactive muscles causing wrinkles
• Results Comes in 7 Days
• Results Lasts upto 4 months
• Has no effect on ageing process or texture of skin
• It slows down the visible aging process by helping in the management of certain dynamic facial lines and wrinkles
9. Fillers –
• Dermal fillers contain Hyaluronic acid (HA).
• HA are natural sugar found in all humans
• Fillers add volume to the face and smoothens out the lines, enhance shallow contours and plump thin lips
• Maintain adequate internal hydration, lubrication and moisture retention.
Results comes immediately and lasts from 12 months to 24 months
10. PRP – (PLATELET RICH PLASMA) – More popularly known as the vampire facials, these are used for facial rejuvenation and anti ageing. Platelets help tissues to heal and grow new cells, hence when injected into skin it promotes collagen growth and regenerates tissues and helps tighten the skin. It is also used for hairfall management.
DISCLAIMER – ALL THESE PROCEDURES SHOULD BE DONE BY TRAINED PROFESSIONALS AS THEY CAN CAUSE SERIOUS SIDE EFFECTS IF NOT DONE PROPERLY.
Consult your dermatologist for more info.
Thanks Dr Nidhi Tandon for sharing your knowledge with our readers.
Have a beautiful day!
Dr. Nidhi Singh Tandon
Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist
The Skin Art Clinic
17/1 Amren House , Ashok Marg .
Lucknow – U.P
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number – 9838003236
website – www.theskinart.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/The-Skin-Art-Clinic-821149767962822/