Secrets of ANTI-AGEING revealed by Dr. Nidhi Tandon
May 25, 2017
Ageing is a fact of life but looking your age is not. It is a biological certainity and needs to be embraced but at the same time, care and self love can delay some of these signs of ageing.
Ageing can be both internal and external.
Internal ageing is determined by our genes, and is time related. Whereas external ageing is due to factors like sun damage, pollution, wrong lifestyle and food habits. Hence, its important to protect our skin from these external factors that help age the skin more.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR A YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN…
Change your food habits.
Include antioxidants in your food as these fight the oxidative stress and the ageing process.
Add nuts, berries, brightlycolored fruits and vegetables and seeds like flaxseeds, chiaseeds etc in your diet.
Add anti-inflammatory foods like avacado, leafy greens, yogurt, cinnamon, fermentedfoods, wholegrains, lentils etc. in your diet.
Drink atleast2-3 litres of water everyday
Sleep – Take minimum of seven hours of sleep at night.
Lead a stress free life.
Includedaily yoga and exercise in your regime.
Usesunscreen – minimum spf 30 and PA+++
” 95% of UV radiations we are exposed to are UVA. The remaining 5% are UVB. UVA rays are the rays that cause tanning as well as wrinkles and other signs of premature ageing, and UVB rays cause sunburns and skin cancer. But both ultimately damage your skin.” – Dr Nidhi Tandon
10. Use the right antiageing products. Look for these ingredients in your antiageing creams:
• Retinol – Vit A derivative, purest form and most powerful antiageing ingredient. Decreases the wrinkles, pigmentation,dyschromia and smoothens the skin.
• Ascorbic acid (vit C) – Repairs damage, antioxidant, protects from further skin damage.
• Kojic acid – For pigmentation, inhibits melanin formation.
• Alpha arbutin – Brightener, reduces skin tan after exposure to sun
• Glycerin – Attracts water to skin and keeps it hydrated
AT YOUR DOCTOR’S CLINIC
There are few procedures with the help of which ageing and signs of ageing can be delayed. Some of these are:
• Chemical peels and microneedling
• Lasers AND lights – ndyaglasers, non ablative fractional lasers, IPL, L.E.D
• Radio frequency, HIFU for skin tightening and rejuvenation
• Thread lifts
• Botulinum toxin
Thanks Dr Nidhi for always coming forward to share your valuable knowledge and helping our readers understand the concept of beauty. Keep tuned for our next article on this topic where she will be telling us all the procedures in detail!
Dr. Nidhi Singh Tandon
Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist