Ageing is a fact of life but looking your age is not. It is a biological certainity and needs to be embraced but at the same time, care and self love can delay some of these signs of ageing.
Ageing can be both internal and external.
Internal ageing is determined by our genes, and is time related. Whereas external ageing is due to factors like sun damage, pollution, wrong lifestyle and food habits. Hence, its important to protect our skin from these external factors that help age the skin more.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR A YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN…
- Change your food habits.
- Include antioxidants in your food as these fight the oxidative stress and the ageing process.
- Add nuts, berries, brightly colored fruits and vegetables and seeds like flaxseeds, chiaseeds etc in your diet.
- Add anti-inflammatory foods like avacado, leafy greens, yogurt, cinnamon, fermented foods, wholegrains, lentils etc. in your diet.
- Drink atleast 2-3 litres of water everyday
- Sleep – Take minimum of seven hours of sleep at night.
- Lead a stress free life.
- Include daily yoga and exercise in your regime.
- Use sunscreen – minimum spf 30 and PA+++
” 95% of UV radiations we are exposed to are UVA. The remaining 5% are UVB. UVA rays are the rays that cause tanning as well as wrinkles and other signs of premature ageing, and UVB rays cause sunburns and skin cancer. But both ultimately damage your skin.” – Dr Nidhi Tandon
10. Use the right antiageing products. Look for these ingredients in your antiageing creams:
AT YOUR DOCTOR’S CLINIC
There are few procedures with the help of which ageing and signs of ageing can be delayed. Some of these are:
Thanks Dr Nidhi for always coming forward to share your valuable knowledge and helping our readers understand the concept of beauty. Keep tuned for our next article on this topic where she will be telling us all the procedures in detail!
Dr. Nidhi Singh Tandon
Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/The-Skin-Art-Clinic-821149767962822/