Secrets of ANTI-AGEING revealed by Dr. Nidhi Tandon

Ageing is a fact of life but looking your age is not. It is a biological certainity and needs to be embraced but at the same time, care and self love can delay some of these signs of ageing.

 Ageing can be both internal and external.

Internal ageing is determined by our genes, and is time related. Whereas external ageing is due to factors like sun damage, pollution, wrong lifestyle and food habits. Hence, its important to protect our skin from these external factors that help age the skin more.

IMPORTANT TIPS FOR A YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN…

blog pic 14

  1. Change your food habits.
  2. Include antioxidants in your food as these fight the oxidative stress and the ageing process.
  3. Add nuts, berries, brightly colored fruits and vegetables and seeds like flaxseeds, chiaseeds etc in your diet.
  4. Add anti-inflammatory foods like avacado, leafy greens, yogurt, cinnamon, fermented foods, wholegrains, lentils etc. in your diet.
  5. Drink atleast 2-3 litres of water everyday                                
  6. Sleep – Take minimum of seven hours of sleep at night.
  7. Lead a stress free life.
  8. Include daily yoga and exercise in your regime.
  9. Use sunscreen – minimum spf 30 and PA+++

” 95% of UV radiations we are exposed to are UVA. The remaining 5% are UVB. UVA rays are the rays that cause tanning as well as wrinkles and other signs of premature ageing, and UVB rays cause sunburns and skin cancer. But both ultimately damage your skin.” – Dr Nidhi Tandon

 10. Use the right antiageing products. Look for these ingredients in your antiageing creams:

• Retinol – Vit derivative, purest form and most powerful antiageing ingredient. Decreases the wrinkles, pigmentation, dyschromia and smoothens the skin.
• Retinyl palmitate – Vit A derivative.
• Peptides – Increases cell turnover, increases collagen.
• Phytic acid – Plant derived, natural antioxidant
• Ascorbic acid (vit C) – Repairs damage, antioxidant, protects from further skin damage.
• Kojic acid – For pigmentation, inhibits melanin formation.
• Alpha arbutin – Brightener, reduces skin tan after exposure to sun
• Glycerin – Attracts water to skin and keeps it hydrated 

AT YOUR DOCTOR’S CLINIC

There are few procedures with the help of which ageing and signs of ageing can be delayed. Some of these are:

• Chemical peels and microneedling
• Lasers AND lights – ndyag lasers, non ablative fractional lasers, IPL, L.E.D
• Radio frequency, HIFU for skin tightening and rejuvenation
• Thread lifts
• Botulinum toxin
• Fillers

Thanks Dr Nidhi for always coming forward to share your valuable knowledge and helping our readers understand the concept of beauty. Keep tuned for our next article on this topic where she will be telling us all the procedures in detail!

Contact Details:

Dr. Nidhi Singh Tandon
M.B.B.S, M.D
Consultant Dermatologist and Cosmetologist

The Skin Art Clinic
17/1 Amren House , Ashok Marg .
Lucknow – U.P
Email – theskinart@gmail.com
ask@theskinart.com
Phone number – 9838003236
website – www.theskinart.com

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/The-Skin-Art-Clinic-821149767962822/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s