This book is like a holy grail for people with a sweet tooth but who forbid themselves to indulge and count calories! Here’s another great recipe that uses whole wheat flour instead of maida (flour) to make super soft chocolate cup cakes!
CHOCOLATE CUP CAKES
Makes 24 mini cupcakes
200 ml milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
110 gm whole wheat flour
25 gm cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
100 gm brown sugar
120 gm apple sauce (recipe below)
30 gm flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds (optional)
For the apple sauce (makes 2 cups):
500 gm apples
1 tsp lemon juice, plus a few drops extra
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp honey
For the Apple sauce:
- Peel, core and chop the apples. Place them in a bowl of water and squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice. Leave aside for few minutes. This will delay the oxidation process and prevent them from browning.
- Drain the apples and pulse them in a mixer till pureed; this should take 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, cinnamon and honey and mix till combined.
- Once no lumps remain, spoon the apple sauce into an airtight container.
- It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Do not leave open since it will oxidise almost immediately.
For the cupcakes:
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Warm the milk in a pan over medium heat or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the vinegar and set aside for the milk to split. This will take roughly 5 minutes.
- Whisk the dry ingredients except the sugar – flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt – in a bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar and apple sauce in another bowl, and pour in the split milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, till just combined.
- Divide equally among cupcake liners and top with seeds (optional).
- Put the liners on a baking tray.
- Bake in the centre of the pre heated oven for 10-12 minutes, till a skewer inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
What we think about the recipe?
This recipe is surely a great substitute for the traditional chocolate cupcakes as it uses no butter, oil or maida (flour). And what’s truly amazing is that how soft the cupcakes come out making them a wonderful mouth melting delicacy.
- The sweetness level of the cupcakes is low as they are supposed to be healthy. One may drizzle some chocolate sauce on them to make them even more tempting.
- These whole wheat cupcakes can be a great substitute for making sundaes. Top it up with custard and jelly and fruits and indulge in a much healthier dessert.
Buy it online on www.amazon.in