This recipe is especially for all those people who have health issues not permitting them to indulge that often. A healthy twist to the red velvet cake recipe that makes them wholesome enough to be eaten as often as desired and not just as a special treat! Below is the recipe followed by our guest reviewers for today, Neha Malhotra and Priya Malhotra with their take on the recipe.
RED VELVET INSPIRED BROWNIE (Page 55 – The Wholesome Kitchen)
Makes 12 pieces
135 gm oats
10 gm cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
5 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
150 gm honey
120 gm chickpeas, soaked overnight and boiled
50 gm chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees celcius.
- To make the beetroot puree, boil the vegetable for 30 minutes. Drain, peel, chop roughly and blend till smooth.
- Blend the oats, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a mixer, to form a powder.
- Add the milk, oil, honey and blitz.
- Add the beetroot puree and boiled chickpeas and blend till combined.
- Add more milk if the batter is too thick.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into an 8 inch baking pan lined with butter paper.
- Bake in the centre of the pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes, till a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut into 12 square s and serve.
Our sincere thanks to Neha and Priya Malhotra, our guest reviewers and food enthusiasts for evaluating this recipe for our readers. Here’s what Neha has to say:
“The recipe is perfect for health conscious people and those who are very fond of eating sweet. Like for my dad, it’s a great substitute as his tastebuds are happy relishing something sweet and at the same time he is eating something healthy.”
TIPS FROM OUR GUEST REVIEWERS :
- When it comes to baking, the best taste of the recipe comes out when one follows it exactly as it is mentioned.
- Garnishing can be done with white chocolate chips or white chocolate drizzle too.
Thanks girls once again for your extremely helpful reviews! We love you for this!
Neha and Priya Malhotra