After scouring through lots of PAD THAI recipes, I finally found out the perfect mix to make this super delicious PAD THAI! Here is all my hard work…
It is quick, easy and very healthy!
Pad Thai Noodles (Real Thai) – 1 pack
Bean sprouts – 3/4 cup
Red/yellow bell pepper – 1/2 of each (cut in juliennes)
Garlic – 4 -6 cloves
Red Onion – 1 medium
Green onion – 2 sprigs
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Honey – 1 tbsp
Tamarind paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
Soya sauce – 2tbsp
Chilli flakes – to taste
Salt – to taste
- Boil the Pad Thai noodles. Strain and wash with cold water so they don’t stick. Keep aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat oil. Add garlic and onions and saute for 2 mins.
- Then add the bean sprouts and red and yellow bell peppers and saute some more till the peppers are tender.
- Add crushed peanuts generously (leaving some aside for garnishing).
- Add the soya sauce, honey, lemon juice, tamarind paste, salt and chilli flakes and mix well.
- Toss in the boiled Pad Thai noodles and mix well with all the ingredients in the pan.
- Add the chopped green onion in to the pad thai and give it a nice stir using a fork and a spatula.
- Remove from heat and serve hot garnished with peanuts, a coriander leaf and some more chilli flakes.
TRY THESE HEALTHY OPTIONS:
- Add tofu and make it a super healthy dish high in protein.
- Add more vegetable such as broccoli, cabbage etc. and give a health boost to this dish of essential vitamins and minerals.