Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! A Valentine dinner has to follow a chocolate dessert!
Boys! If you want to impress your girls, follow this simple recipe and you’ll have all the brownie points you need in your pocket!
Girls! Short of time? Whip up this dessert in seconds and concentrate on the rest of the meal!
CHOCOLATE COATED STRAWBERRIES
Bar of cooking chocolate
Toothpicks or skewers (optional)
- Pick nice red even size strawberries, gently rinse and pat dry on paper towels.
- Melt the cooking chocolate in microwave or use a double boiler if melting on stove.
- Dip lower half of each strawberry in the chocolate and place neatly in a tray lined with butter paper.
- Insert a skewer or toothpick in each strawberry. (Optional)
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened. Do not put the strawberries in the freezer as otherwise the water in the strawberries will crystallise giving it an icy taste.
- You can also make this dessert more decorative by sprinkling/drizzling the following:
- Chocolate chips
- Colourful sprinkles
- White Chocolate drizzle
- Sea salt
- Coarsely crushed almonds
- Caramel drizzle
The following images demonstrate how you can play with these ingredients…
Images from Google images