Good breakfast recipes are always hard to come by. But this one is surely going to make a space in your weekly breakfast menu. Nicknamed ‘SOOJI BOMB’, this is a traditional Indian recipe suitable for all taste palettes.
Yield – Makes 12 -14 balls
Sooji (Semolina) – 1/2 cup
Carrot – 1
Green beans – 5-6 strands
Broccoli – 1-2 small florets
Cauliflower – 1-2 small florets
Cabbage – a small piece
Curd – 1/4 cup
Eno – 1/4 tsp
- Take a small pressure cooker and add all the vegetables (carrot, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage), little salt and 1 tbsp water. Pressure cook for upto two whistles till the vegetables are tender but not too soft.
- Remove the vegetables and finely chop in a machine vegetable chopper or by hand.
- Take an empty bowl and add sooji and curd to it. Mix well.
- Add the vegetables and Eno. Mix again.
- Take the pan as shown in the image above (easily available at local crockery shops) and grease it with oil.
- Spoon in the batter in each of the small cups of the pan filling up to the brim.
- Let it cook for upto 15-20 minutes on a low flame.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Once golden brown, remove from the pan and serve hot with Imli chutney and fresh mint chutney.
Serving tip : You can use a Dim sum basket lined with a banana leaf or a green napkin to add to the presentation. The closed lid of the dim dum basket will also help to keep them warm.
Have a beautiful day!