“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
Broad, wholesome, experienced views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one corner of the earth all of one’s lifetime. Travel breaks give you a new perspective along with rebooting your mind before you resume your daily life. Here are a few to do things that I stumbled over while reading a travel blog and loved. I plan to keep them in mind next time I travel to make my trip even more worthwhile! I hope you will like them too.
- Take public transportation at least once. It will truly give you a sense of where you have stepped in.
- Collect souvenirs of places you visit and furnish a travel shelf at home. It can add lot of beauty to your home along with storing memories.
- Keep a diary. Take photos and record memories and give yourself the chance to look back and remember the most wondrous of details, big and small.
- Try local cuisine. Do not miss out on the opportunity of finding out what lies outside of your kitchen. Ask the locals about their favourite neighbourhood restaurant and try it!
- Learn their language. Before your trip, read up on essential phrases and words. Most locals will appreciate your effort, even if you are struggling.
- Formal night. Whether or not you’re a night owl, a different energy settles over a city when the sun sets. Get dressed up and dive into whatever fun awaits you.
- Eat something new. Resist the temptation of playing safe all the time with pizzas and pastas and allow your taste buds to experience new flavours.
A truly great and memorable trip will teach you something new about yourself!
Source : PINTEREST