Whoooaaaa! The date 8th November 2016 is going down in India’s history as the biggest fight against black money and I could not be more proud of it! I don’t think anyone of us could have fathomed that somebody would have the courage to do something so drastic to uproot the ill once and for all. A&A salutes the Prime minister for his courage and his perseverance.
I know that many of you are confused about what’s happening and what’s going to happen. But I think its time that we finally place our trust in our leader, the honourable Prime Minister, Mr Narendra Modi.
Mr Modi said – “It will cause some hardship to you….Let us ignore these hardships… In country’s history, there comes a moment when people will want to participate in the nation building and reconstruction. Very few such moments come in life.”
I never thought such a day would come when I would be called to be a part of the fight against terrorism, corruption and bureaucracy. We all had become so used to the system and so oblivious to it that only something this radical could have shook us. So gear up! Here’s what you should know to get through this transitional time.
Follow this link to have your questions answered about what is happening, why it is happening and what you should do to secure yourself.
25 THINGS RBI WANTS YOU TO KNOW
WHERE CAN YOU STILL USE YOUR OLD 500 AND 1000 RUPEES CURRENCY NOTES
- Railway Stations (Till 72 hours from announcement)
- Safe outlets (Till midnight of 11th November)
- Ration shops and PDS shops
- Public Sector petrol pumps (Till midnight of 11th November)
- Government Hospitals
- Government dispensaries (Till 72 hours from announcement but with doctors prescription)
- Co-operative societies (Till 72 hours from announcement but will have to maintain register of all the transactions)
- Government Dairies (Till 72 hours from announcement but will have to maintain register of all the transactions)
- Airports (Till 72 hours from announcement and will also set up facility for exchange of currency. Nut exchange limited to Rs 5,000)
HOW ELSE YOU CAN ASSIST THIS MOVEMENT
- Educate yourself and your staff (maid, driver, cook, cleaner, aiyah, maalishwali etc.) about the same and help in avoiding a panic situation.
- Give them short term loans to help them tide over next few days. Don’t let them get stuck in malicious schemes.
- Do not give your local vendors, sabziwalas, presswalas etc. 500 and 1000 rupees notes as they many not be still aware of this transition.
- If you want to get rid of your currency, choose to pay hospital bills for the needy and help someone in need as the hospitals are still accepting these notes.
- Maintain patience and decorum at all public places and do not be part of unnecessary uprisings.
- You have about 50 days to exchange your money, do not rush to banks immediately and create panic situations. Be patient and go with the flow.
For more details, visit the following website:
WE ARE COUNTING ON YOUR SUPPORT IN MAKING THIS TRANSITION AS SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE! JAI HIND!