Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food. — Hippocrates, Father of medicine, 431 B.C.
The best way to protect yourself from illness is to watch what you put in your mouth. We all have munching urges and like to satisfy them one time or the other but what’s important is what do we choose. Here are a few ideas as to what to pack in your snacking boxes when you are on the go or even at home. These are great for kids too but parents must take care of any allergies and ensure that kids chew them well. Inculcating good food habits in your kids will not only help your kids lead a more healthy life but it will free you of the stress of managing ill kids too!
These are the things that me and my daughter enjoy munching together.
- Seed mix – Sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Assortment of nuts – cashews, almonds, pistas, pine nuts, figs, raisins, walnuts (Check for allergies)
- Murmura (Roasted rice puffs)
- Roasted chana
- Seasonal fresh fruit (anaar, kiwi, grapes, strawberries)
- Amla (Candied if not sugar free)
Winters is a great time to enjoy shakar kandi with streets full of vendors offering it and it’s a great health food too. If you are on the go, choose this rather than biscuits or chips.