As the seasons change, so does the appeal for colours, fabrics and trends. The runway never fails to dictate what’s going to look good every season and that’s what the world is bound to follow. But the point is to find it out as soon as possible and be the first to incorporate it in your wardrobe.
Here are 5 fashion trends to catch this this Fall/Winter season (2016):
1. BLUE IS THE NEW BLACK – Deep blue is the colour of this season. Designers seen using this colour widely in their collections include SVA Couture and Anita Dongre.
2. FUR – Nothing declares winter more than FUR … We love the new take this season for fur collars in coats and dresses. Designers seen doing it best are Hemant and Nandita & Sabyasachi. However, we strongly encourage you to incorporate this trend by choosing faux fur inside of animal fur and support the cause of protection of animals.
3. RUFFLES – Many trends from the 70’s are making their way back up into the current season. One of them being ruffles! Here is a look of Gauri and Nainika ss17 collection which is predominantly showcasing this trend.
4. METALLIC – No party season is ever complete without THAT statement piece which makes heads in the crowd turn. Designers showcasing this look include Namrata Joshipura, Rohit gandhi and Rahul khanna, Sanchita and Monisha Jaisingh.
5. FLORAL PRINTS, 3D CUTOUTS AND EMBROIDERY