Hey everybody! Here’s an amazing tea cake recipe for your chic high tea parties. Special thanks to Charu Jain for sharing her love for baking with us! We are loving it!
Photograph taken by A&A
Cake flour / maida -3 cups
Refined oil- 3/4 cup
Milkmaid- 1 tin
Dried blueberries- 1/2 cup
Dried cranberries-1/2 cup
Meetha soda- 1 tsp
Baking powder- 2 tsp
Blueberry essence- few drops( optional)
1. Take a container & soak dried cranberries and blueberries in 1/2 a cup of milk for about 10-12 minutes.
2. Take another bowl & add oil and milkmaid
& mix well.
3. To this mixture add sieved maida slowly along with the milk.
4. Mix well so that there are no lumps. Keep this mixture aside.
5. Now take the soaked berries n blend them in a mixer on pulse for 1-2 minutes max. Make sure half of the berries are mashed and half are still inside as pieces.
6. Empty this in the cake batter prepared in step 4.
7. To this mixture add few drops of essence, meetha soda & baking powder. Mix well
8. If needed add more milk. The batter should NOT be very runny.
9. In a 12″greased rectangular mould pour the batter using a spatula.( I used 3 bread loaf moulds 8″ each .)
10. Bake it in a pre-heated oven @180 degrees for 40-45 minutes. (To check – use a skewer or a knife to check if it is baked properly or not.)
11. Carefully un mould the cake when it is at room temperature and serve !
12. Tastes yum with hot coffee!